Whole Family FC
WFFH was created specifically for pregnant and parenting teens whose child is not a dependent of the court.
The intent is to keep the teen parent with their child and out of the foster care system by providing mentoring in the foster home and extra support services.
WFFH program provides young parents female and male with the following services and support:
- Services to support teen parent to provide the care and supervision of their children.
- Strengthen the young family while nurturing safety and independence
- Help assist the teen parent in developing the skills necessary to provide a safe, stable and permanent home for his or her child.
- Attention and support that is individual to each teen parent and their non-dependent child (ren).
- Working with teen parents on everyday aspects of life, relationships, problems solving, personal responsibility, and skill building.
- Connecting teen parents to caring adults and critical resources
- Discuss the extended foster care program as a viable option
- The ultimate goal is to teach young parents responsibility while giving them the opportunity to learn to become parents and self-sufficient at the same time so that their children may not have to enter the foster care system as well and break the cycle.