Interested in Serving On Our Board of Directors?
FosterHope Sacramento’s Board governs the overall execution of the organization’s mission. Principally, the Board manages organizational finances and sets long term priorities for programs. Additionally, the Board oversees the Executive Director, who is responsible for day-to-day management of the organization. Overall, the members of the Board contribute the educational, management, legal, and financial skills needed to ensure long term organizational stability and ensures year-to-year sustainability and services for children and families affected by trauma and/or are in the foster care system.
The Board of Directors has a maximum of twelve (12) voting members. Terms are for two (2) years.
Board Member responsibilities include attendance at regular board meetings, as well as teleconference meetings and active electronic conversations as part of Board committees. Numbers of hours expected to serve is 3 – 5 hours per month. Board members also hold a fiduciary responsibility for management of organizational capital and ensuring appropriate filings with federal, state, and local authorities consistent with the organization’s status as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Declaration of Candidacy: Board positions require a time and energy commitment that should not be underestimated. Candidates are urged to consider personal priorities for the next year as well as the ways to contribute to the development of the organization.
Resources available to prospective members:
• Organizational Documents: Strategic Plan, Bylaws, FY Budget, Operating Principles, and others upon request
• Program Overview & Calendar of Events
Time and Financial Considerations
• Board Meetings: Currently occur the 3rd Monday of the month except for June and December. These meeting may take place on site or via Zoom.
• Committee Work (generally by email)
• Annual Events, attendance to at least 2 per year
• Annual Fundraisers – board participation needed/required (2 per year)
Donations: As with any Board, members will be solicited for a cash or in-kind donation; 100% participation is sought; the amount is optional, but we ask that board members consider giving at a leadership level. Board members should maintain an active membership status during their term.
• Submit the one-page Board Application and your résumé via email to Erin Brown at email@example.com. PLEASE WRITE “NEW BOARD MEMBER APPLICATION” in the subject line.
• Copies of the one-page application will be distributed to those selecting members and will aid in understanding how you would like to contribute to the organization’s work.