Want to work with us?
We are always looking for volunteers! Click the link below to find out more information about how to help.
Interested in Serving On Our Board of Directors?
FosterHope Sacramento’s Board governs the over all execution of the organization’s mission.
The Board of Directors has a maximum of twelve voting members at a time, with a term of two years. Board member responsibilities include regular meeting attendance, teleconference meetings and active electronic conversations within Board committees. Each Board member is expected to serve 3–5 hours per month. Board members also hold a fiduciary responsibility for management of organizational capital and ensuring appropriate filings with federal, state, and local authorities- consistent with the organization’s status as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Overall the members of the Board contribute the educational, management, legal, and financial skills needed to ensure long term organizational stability. As well, the Board ensures year-to-year sustainability and services for children and families affected by trauma and/or are in the Foster Care system.
Board Resources Available:
- Program overview & calendar of events
- Organizational documents
- Strategic plan
- FY Budget
- Operating principles and others upon request
Declaration of Candidacy:
Board positions require both a time and energy commitment that should not be underestimated. Candidates are urged to consider personal priorities for the next year, as well as the ways to contribute to the development of the organization.
Time and Financial Considerations:
- Board Meetings currently occur either on site or via Zoom on the third Monday of each month, except for December and June.
- Required Committee work (generally completed by email)
- Required commitment to attend at least two annual FosterHope events a year.
- Required participation for at least two annual fundraisers a year.
As with any Board, members will be solicited for a cash or in-kind donations. 100% participation is sought. The donation amount is optional, but we ask that Board members consider donating at a leadership level. Board members should maintain an active membership status during their two year term.
Apply to be a part of the FosterHope board!
- Submit the Board Application (linked below) as well as your Resume via email, to the FosterHope Executive Director, Erin Brown. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please write “New Board Member Application” in the subject line of your email.
- Copies of your application will be distributed to the selecting members of the Board. This application will help the Board understand how you will contribute to the organization’s work and mission.